In message <4e77254c.6070...@druck.org.uk>
          "David J. Ruck" <dr...@druck.org.uk> wrote:

> On 19/09/2011 11:53, John Williams wrote:
> > In article<a3cf1d1552.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
> >     Dr Peter Young<pnyo...@ormail.co.uk>  wrote:
> > An interesting fact is that these 'little keypad thingies' are all the
> > same, just badged differently.  So if you need to, you can use someone
> > else's - away from home, for example.
> >
> > Anyone wishing to discuss this, take it elsewhere, as it's off-topic
> > here.
>
> Not wishing to discuss it, only to correct inaccurate information:-
>
> You can't use someone else's, as each has a serial number which needs to
> be registered in order that the remote end is using the same seed for
> the random number generation. DO NOT allow anyone else to see your
> serial number, as following the RSA breach, the system is compromised.

My wife and I were each sent a PINsentry.  We have different accounts.
We use the PINsentries interchangeably; I deliberately put the one I
used last underneath the other so as to spread the use between them
evenly.

If they were individual, they would have to be individually identifiable,
and of course they aren't.

Dave