On 26 Nov 2012  Michael Drake <t...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> In article <6162c5f452.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
>    Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> I have just downloaded #672 and ran it. I was horrified at the hash it
>> made of my homepage, which is http://m.bbc.co.uk/news

> I'm not sure if I'm getting the same thing you are.  I just get the mobile
> version of their site.

Yes, that's what I get, I think.

> It seems they've started sending the mobile version if the browser's
> useragent string contains "armv5l", which NetSurf's does when running on
> the Iyonix hardware.

Is there anything that can be done about that? I imagine not.

> NetSurf on x86 linux gets the desktop site.

So does Windows Firefox, as I mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.