The following bytes were arranged on 15 Jan 2013 by David H Wild :

> I see that we now have normal access to the BBC news websites. Whether this
> is something done by the Netsurf team or someone at the BBC taking note of
> complaints I am pleased to see it happen.

It's something NetSurf did.  It no longer includes the CPU architecture
in the User-Agent string, because some cretin at the BBC decided that
the only web browsers running on ARM computers were those running on
mobile phones.

--
  __<^>__   "Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."
 / _   _ \  - W.C. Fields