In article <mpro.n7mvk5008hres0700.pit...@pittdj.co.uk>, David Pitt
<pit...@pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> Peter Young, on 23 Jun, wrote:

> > I've been using the disc cache on RISC OS 2.19, ARMini, and I seem to
> > have found some downsides to it, and I wonder if (a) I'm doing it
> > correctly and (b) if it's worth the occasional faster opening of some
> > sites.

[snip]

> Overall I was not persuaded that the cache results is any meaningful
> speed up and could even slow things up, not just on the Raspberry Pi but
> also on the Iyonix and VRPC on a Windows 7 laptop with an SSD.

It's all a bit technical for me and I just tried it to see what might
happen on a Windows 7 VRPC machine that is fitted with a Crucial
Adrenaline SSD cache.

I am, thus far, not getting problems and it fairly motors. Might the SSD
cache have any relevance?

[snip]

> I have uninstalled !Cache.

It's staying where it is on this machine for now.