On 20 Sep 2014 Tony Moore  wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2014, Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>> One really annoying feature of NetSurf (RO front end) is that it won't
>> let you paste text from an html file into the URL field. ...

> It _isn't_ necessary, when using StongED to view the HTML source. Press
> f8 to view the source, select the URL, press ctrl-shft-c to copy it to
> the clipboard, click in the NS URL field (or Open URL window), press
> ctrl-v to paste the URL. Perhaps I've misunderstood the problem?

The problem is that Copy saves the file type of the file you are
copying from to the clipboard, and Paste presents that file type to
the application you are pasting into. NetSurf doesn't accept plain
text pasted from a file that isn't type Text (fff). This restriction
seems to be as unnecessary as it is frustrating.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
Skype: minijem2                       mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com