On 21 Sep 2014 Steve Fryatt  wrote:

> No, Ctrl-Shift-C and Ctrl-Shift-V just copy and paste on the Global
> Clipboard.

So in what way is that different fron Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V in Edit?

> Thinking about it, I believe it's actually Edit's problem. It's certainly
> not NetSurf because if you're talking about the URL bar in a browser window,
> NetSurf relies on the OS (or something like IcnClipBrd) to handle cut and
> paste for it.

> When you do Ctrl-V in the field, whatever processes it (the OS on RISC OS
> Select; IcnClipBrd everywhere else) sends the clipboard owner (Edit) a list
> of types that it can handle in order of descending preference. For a
> writable icon, that will only be text.  The owner should look down the list
> and pick the best type (or least worst) that it can support, generally
> flattening to plain text as a last resort if that option's available.

> My guess is that StrongED does that properly. Edit, from what you say,
> doesn't. It's broken, because it isn't supporting the Block Transfer
> Protocol correctly.

I just can't get on with StrongEd. I type Ctrl-C and it duplicates the
block in situ or tells me no block is selected, then when I try to
paste it into NS I get some text I had saved some time before from
another document. Then I try Shift-Ctrl-C and -V, and I get the
selected URL twice! Well at least it did paste the URL but it's not
surprising that I gave up on StrongEd.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
Skype: minijem2                       mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com