In message <eb8cf11c55.davem...@my.inbox.com>
          Dave Higton <d...@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:

> In message <a3feee1c55.harr...@blueyonder.co.uk>
>           Harriet Bazley <li...@orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>On 3 Nov 2015 as I do recall,
>>          Dave Higton  wrote:
>>
>>[snip]
>>

>>> In short, I feel very much encouraged by recent progress, and I
>>> hope you all do too!
>>>
>>I've been very impressed by the speed with which the last few issues I've
>>reported have been fixed.
>
> Thanks for speaking up, Harriet.  The developers really are trying!
>
> Perhaps your posting will add weight to my pleas for more testing.
>
> Another thing: you must have downloaded and tried numerous development
> (CI) builds.  How many have given you trouble?

IME the development builds are pretty stable. I generally update NS
every couple of weeks or so and have been doing so since the CI series
started: I could probably count the troublesome versions on the
fingers of one hand. I keep a copy of the last stable release in any
case, and can revert to that in the (rare) event of problems. Good to
see development is proceeding energetically: the platform doesn't have
too many alternatives to NetSurf. I've used Peter Naulls' Firefox port
in the past, and the Otter port fairly intensively over the past 3
weeks and, while the latter is promising, it is not yet responsive
enough for day-in, day-out use on a low-powered computer such as a Pi
or Iyonix, IMO, and I imagine a considerable amount of work would be
required to make it so. We really do need NetSurf!

--
George