>> (I wouldn't even _want_ to override the page's colours, except that
>> most pages actively specify reverse-video colours.  I don't
>> understand why.)
> So by 'reverse video' you mean DTP-style display, with dark text on a
> white page?  Yes, that is the default for everything other than
> terminal-style screens (which I now understand is what you are trying
> to emulate).

Well, I wouldn't put it that way.  I like it not because that's how
text terminals worked; I like it because I'm using self-luminant
displays, displays that give off light of their own (as opposed to
reflective displays, which reflect ambient light rather than generating
their own light).  Text terminals also use - used, I guess I should say
these days - self-luminant displays, so light-on-dark made sense for
them just as much as it does for me now.

> Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Netsurf doesn't offer any mechanism to
> force HTML pages to change their colour scheme.

Oh well.  At least I don't need to struggle with it trying to find such
a mechanism, then.  Thank you!

> So there probably isn't any way of getting it to meet your needs.
> (Though I'm not a developer and don't know what is actually
> possible!)

Well, of course, I could fetch the source and hack on that.  I've been
hesitant to try that, expecting that understanding it enough to make
those changes would take longer than finding some other way to address
the issue...though I'm having enough trouble finding a suitable browser
for that system that I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I won't have to
do something like that with _some_ browser.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mo...@rodents-montreal.org