Dear Brian,

I totally agree with you, as usual. I'd like to highlight your last
sentence: "What we are missing is a theory of social relations in the
future" - but, let me play with your sentence, what future? A universal
subject could have been the green one, the wretched of the Earth (aka
Gaia); but it did not happen, or its advent is, like, buried in a
national-populist grave. At least we have his/her ghost, the ghost of the
collective that could have been able to embody the planetary exploited
subject. Not sure this ghost dares to haunt us. (Okay, I read too much Mark
Fisher these days...)

Best,

Frédéric