Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> Broadcom wireless is only partially reverse engineered.  I tried the
> b43 driver in FC8 on the BCM94311MCG in my new laptop.  It worked, with
> WPA even, but I got kernel exceptions, DMA exception, and eventually the
> system
> froze.  I would say it is not ready for prime time.  (I will be looking for
> where to helpfully report the exceptions for those trying to debug
> the thing.  I suspect donations of relevant hardware are most useful.)
> No problems with the zd1211 driver and USB key.

I'm sorry that you had troubles with the BCM94311MCG in your laptop, but I
think most of your
problems are fixed in driver b43 in any of the 2.6.24-rcX kernels. In any case,
the place to report
such problems is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have both rev 1 and 2 of that PCIe card for my laptop, and I have no kernel
or DMA exceptions, the
system never freezes, and my throughput is higher with the b43 driver than with
Windows using the
Broadcom driver.

Larry