I like python, but I only see it becoming a limitation once the system
reaches an embedded device.  Python does not like to run on systems with 64
megs or less.  If the final goal is to have a cli with the ability to run
without even an x server then I see the embedded space a large target user
space of this feature and writing it in c would be highly beneficial.  Dan
had alluded to having the cli run in conjunction with nm-applet for
user-settings services, but I do not know if that would be for the first
pass through.

I am willing to help on this, but it is still unclear to me what people
refer to as a cli.  My goal would be to run network manager with no
dependency on gtk and I realize this may not be accomplished on the first
pass through.  I am glad to see others have interest in a cli and look
forward to seeing if this goes anywhere.

--
John