Nick,
     Had the same problem here and fixed it by the following:

1. Change PAP to Script..
2. Make a Script with only the following:
                                      Expect  ogin:  # notice no L in login #
                                      Send    <your_login_name>
                                      Expect  word:  # notice no pass in password #
                                      Send    <your_password>

Please notice the : after the words ogin and word.
That should do it, worked for me and haven't had the errors since.
Good luck,

Rick