I'm just started to learn linux by installing (after redhat 5.2) a
mandrake 5.3 taken from a cd bundled with a magazine. It is well
working, and literally I enjoy linux/mandrake.
But I saw the cd installed "kde 1.1-0.1 alpha 1rh5x", which is rather
old, I think.  So,I downloaded  both "kde-installer-1.1-5rh5x.i386.rpm"
and "kde-1.1-rh5x-i386-rpms-complete-set.tar" ( a BIG army of bytes to
download!). Reading "notes on the kde-1.1 rpm packages for red hat
linux", I saw the upgrading is not a trivial task, there are some others
actions (as I understood) to do before and after doing the
"install-kde-1.1", and I doubt I'm able to carry out all the operations
risklessly...
So, now I'm waiting in front to the keyboard ready to start the
install/upgrade only if someone could  tell me: "yes Massimo, do it, it
is only needed to run the "install-kde.1.1" script and you are on the
fly".
Can someone tell me that ?

--

--------------------->    Massimo Corinaldesi