Ok, here is one of them.  First of all, I downloaded them while I was in
Windows98 and put them on a floppy disk.  The name of the file is:
splitv20x_tar.gz.

I know that I have to go to the root user account, but then what?  Mount the
floppy drive, and from that point on I don't know what to do.  I have
downloaded instructions that just say to: tar -xzvf filename and that will just
open it up, and then you run: ./configure, then make and then make install.  I
tried the first thing while in the command line on the terminal and nothing
happened because first I have to get the file from the floppy and into the
computer which I don't how to do that.  So, you see, I am totally stumped and I
am not finding the information anywhere, so I will be very appreciative of your
help and make sure that I print out this information.  Since my printer is
unusable in Linux, I have to do all my questions on Win98.  I have a HP Deskjet
722c, and have already found out that it is handled like a winmodem.  Bummer!!!