Hi Everyone,

I'm Linda and I am almost brand new to Linux.

I have downloaded files off the Internet and I want to install them.  I
need a step-by-step intro into what I do when I want to install.
For instance, I download the files while on my own user account.  Now what
is the next step.  All the instructions in the books seem to over-simplify
the steps and, I am probably missing something obvious, but they don't work.

Please help.

Linda

PS: BTW, I sent this message 2 days ago and never saw it come to the list,
so I guess this is a test to see if my mail is getting out, also.