Hi:

I followed Michael and John's instructions to install 5.3.  And it went ok
it did install the software to my D drive which is where I wanted it. ( One
thing that I did not understand was how it picked the drive it never ask me
where I wanted it? )

After the install it rebooted using LILO and started up ok I got to the
logon prompt.  And I was able to log on using root.  But then I had no idea
what to do!  And my mbr had been changed so I could not get back to win 98.
I did find out something that may help someone else--if this happens you can
reboot using the win98 boot disk and at the a: prompt type fdisk/mbr.  This
will change the mbr so  you can boot into win 98//

My question is when I get to the logon Linux prompt how can I configure the
LILO so it will boot both Linux and win 98.  If you have to have an editor
to do this how do you start one in Linux? Also the installation ask me for
the chipset used in my video card.  I use a Diamond Viper  V330 (nuidia riva
128) can find no reference to the chipset in the book.  Also my monitor is
able to do 1027X1027 should I use that setting in Linux?

Thanks
David