in defense of vi.. ( I hate it too ) doesn't it even run from a minimal boot disk ? I
think I had it on a really old version of UnixWare ( YECH )

Charley

At Tue, 30 Mar 1999 01:59:42 +0800, you wrote:

>Tom Berger wrote:
>
>> > The question is..which one? I think Joe (or was it Jed?) has an option for DOS
>> > Edit style key mappings..you do _not_ want to use VI (or VIM), trust me!
>>
>> Hey! Don't you dare saying anything against my favourite editor!!! ;-)
>> If I were you I wouldn't say anything like this in a Linux newsgroup. This
>> is a favourite topic of end/pointless flame wars (besides Distribution
>> flame wars, GUI flame wars, newsreader flame wars asf.).
>
>Heh, yes, I know. :)
>I was talking to the newbie..(you don't want to have to learn VI when you're
>just beginning)
>And since this is "Newbie Support"..
>

>> There are some undeniable advantages to have some acquaintance to vi(m):
>> 1st: You will find it on *every* version of Unix
>> 2nd: It works even in single user mode and may God (tm) help you if you
>> don't know your vi then.. *evil grin*
>
>Hehehe..yeah, I got into one of those situations..I still have recurring
>nightmares about it.
>
><snip>
>> monitor? Weird. Anyway you are right. But I don't think *any* card will
>> support this.
>
>That's what I thought too..but I guess you can try. (Warning: In this case,
>there can be REAL harm in trying - to your monitor, at least)
>
>Regards,
>--
>Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster

Charley Sparks
If dreams can come true.. What about nightmares ?
71st AHC & F Troop 8th Cav
http://www.rattlers.bitshop.com
http://www.rattlers.bitshop.com/heli-vets