Tom Berger wrote:

> > The question is...which one? I think Joe (or was it Jed?) has an option for DOS
> > Edit style key mappings...you do _not_ want to use VI (or VIM), trust me!
>
> Hey! Don't you dare saying anything against my favourite editor!!! ;-)
> If I were you I wouldn't say anything like this in a Linux newsgroup. This
> is a favourite topic of end/pointless flame wars (besides Distribution
> flame wars, GUI flame wars, newsreader flame wars asf.).

Heh, yes, I know. :)
I was talking to the newbie...(you don't want to have to learn VI when you're
just beginning)
And since this is "Newbie Support"...

> There are some undeniable advantages to have some acquaintance to vi(m):
> 1st: You will find it on *every* version of Unix
> 2nd: It works even in single user mode and may God (tm) help you if you
> don't know your vi then... *evil grin*

Hehehe...yeah, I got into one of those situations...I still have recurring
nightmares about it.

<snip>
> monitor? Weird. Anyway you are right. But I don't think *any* card will
> support this.

That's what I thought too...but I guess you can try. (Warning: In this case,
there can be REAL harm in trying - to your monitor, at least)

Regards,
--
Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster