Mr. Techno :-)

Wow, this is great. I haven't put this in yet because I have one
question. What does this mean and how do I do it?

"And all you godda do is out this command in rc.local ..So that it
will execute in bootup.."

I'm thinkin this means adding a line in this file.

Also, thanks to Dan Brown and Arnold Kelly for helping me with my
login question. I'd like to add another question with this post if I
may. What is the proper way to shut down? I seem to be doing it wrong
because it keeps telling me on a new boot up that the disk was
improperly unmounted. In the desktop, I click on logout then type
"shutdown now" and it does a bunch of stuff and ends with something
like #smash (this is from memory). I changed the inittab file to
default 5 and it ended with something different (I think "system
halted" if memory serves me correctly). What is the proper method for
default 3?

I do allot of what I do on the net so I kinda need to dial up, so I
keep having to hook up Mr Billy.  Hopefully this string given in this
post will fix my modem problem and I can do this from within Linux.
When I get it all up and running so I am comfortable with it, I do
plan on re-installing it on my 5 gig as a duel boot to 98 but I'll
have to do a little research on that partition program before I give
that a go. Till then I have to swap disks.

Thanks again
Russ