On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, you wrote:

> By any chance, are you trying to use a Mandrake 6.0 RPM on top of Mandrake
> 5.3 or something similar?

No, I haven't downloaded anything for RH 6.0. My problem went away when I
unstalled 1.2.0 and installed 1.2.1.

> > As per the readme file it said to download and install these
files: > >
> > glib-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm
> > gtk+-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm
>
> Argh... Never believe in what READMEs say. ;)
> This was a big mistake. glib/gtk+ 1.2.0 are seriously broken, and the RPMs
> you're referring to weren't made for Mandrake. Use the 1.2.3 versions on
> the Mandrake CD and it'll work better.

Thanks. I will make a note of that. Another question, since I already have
1.2.1 installed, if I upgraded to 1.2.3 would I have to uninstal 1.2.1 first?
Or just use the 'Upgrade' function in the RPM?

--
Jeremy Mann
http://listen.to/sidefx