Steve Philp wrote:

> teckman wrote:
> >
> >     Ok im missing something while reading the docs i guess... but  where
> > am i when im in the emu dos?  I type dos and the emulator comes up no
> > prob... looks like dos. but i cant get to my dos files then.  So i was
> > going to put them where ever i end up when i type dos .....  ie: i want
> > to run a dos draw pgm called thedraw  where on my hd can i copy the pgm
> > so that i can access it when i enter dos(emu)
>
> By default, DOSemu uses a hard drive image in /var/lib/dosemu as it's
> "C: drive".  It's just a big file that they've created so you can play
> around.
>
> If you're comfortable with the idea, you could edit /etc/dosemu.conf and
> tell it the name of your real DOS drive and it'll use that instead.
> Edit the line that starts "$_hdimage =".  There are good comments next
> to that line, so you should be using your real DOS drive in no time!
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Steve Philp
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

hmmmm close.. i changed it to $_hdimage = "/dev/hda1"   this is my first
drive called /win95  it starts to load but hangs at the c prompt    not
c:\>   just c with the curser 2 lines under it and locked! i have to log in
and kill the process to get the session back.
It does look as if its reading my c:\config.sys file tho??  where am i going
wrong?  the /dev/hda1 is vfat in fstab should it be msdos?