Pankil Richards wrote:

> James Reeves wrote:
>
> > Hello, All I have only been using Linux for a short time, and I
> > have a really stupid question, but here it is. I downloaded
> > Netscape 4.51 (Linux) and ran the ns-install program in the
> > install log it says everything was copied okay, but is there
> > something else that I have to do to activate it, because when
> > netscape is started it is still running 4.08. Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> The 4.08 version will run if you haven't uninstalled it and continue
> to run it from the same icon and/or directory.  You most likely
> (definitely) have installed the new version in another directory,
> right?

It would have been nice to do first:

rpm -e netscape-communicator-4.08-3.i386.rpm
rpm -e netscape-navigator-4.08-3.i386.rpm
rpm -e netscape-common-4.08-3.i386.rpm

and then to install 4.51...

Greets,

        Gael.

PS BTW, if someone has tested 4.51, please tell me wether it is less
buggy than 4.5
--
< Gael DUVAL - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://linuxmandrake.com >
QPL : "With the release of this license, KDE and the Qt Free Edition