Hi, there,

I recently installed Mandrake 5.3 with kernel 2.0.36,
I found out that there is no ppp support compiled in this version of
kernel, so I decide to upgrade it to 2.2.1.

I've done everything mentioned in upgrade kernel how-to, and finished each
step without error. however, after I reboot the machine, ( I still use the
boot disk I created when I installed original Mandrake 5.3 ), it still
boot to 2.0.36, I tried <TAB> while lilo comes up, my new label
"linux-new" does not appear at all. I am sure I did everything else right.
like edit lilo.conf, and copy boot image, and even delete "preferred",
So what is the problem, does the boot disk need to upgrade too?

Yun