Someone please tell me the above statement is NOT true. I uninstalled Redhat v5.1, kernel updated to 2.0.36 which had PPP support. I wouldn't see any reason why the Mandrake edition(s) @ v2.0.36 wouldn't have PPP support. Guess I better check my installation to confirm or debuke the existence of PPP support in Mandrake 5.3 kernel version 2.0.36

>I've done everything mentioned in upgrade kernel how-to, and finished each
>step without error. however, after I reboot the machine, ( I still use the
>boot disk I created when I installed original Mandrake 5.3 ), it still
>boot to 2.0.36, I tried <TAB> while lilo comes up, my new label
>"linux-new" does not appear at all. I am sure I did everything else right.
>like edit lilo.conf, and copy boot image, and even delete "preferred",
>So what is the problem, does the boot disk need to upgrade too?

I would almost guarantee the answer to this question would be yes, the boot disk has to be upgraded also.

Stefan Dozier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]