On Sat, 01 May 1999, you wrote:
> anyone know why Linux doesnt see the win98 box
> and why win98 keeps saying a password is required
> to access the linux box?  I can ping both machines
> and login via ftp to the linux machine, but that is the
> extent.

You can telnet the linux box from win98 and therefore have all the access of a
local shell user, but to access the win98 box, you will have to either;
a: Set up file/printer sharing on it.
b: Get ftp/telnet servers from tucows or somewhere & then run them on the win98
machine. (Windows has no services running as default)

Martin.

--
The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time.