Pliler Main Unit wrote:

> Thanks steve that did it Ok, I was just expecting to see something when I
> typed.
> This is  my first experience with linux.
> Another question.  I tried following the directions to create myself
> a new user
> I had just logged into the root and have the root # prompt
> So how do I get to bash and create a new user?
> the instruction was
> S adduser  login_name  ( how do I input the name here I want not the
> login_name ?)
>
> and $ passwd login_name
> You can see I know nothing, ha.
>
> thanks,
> Will

Hi Will:

After doing the steps mentioned here, you can add more info to your account
by using chfn. At root you can type "chfn your_user_name" and just answer
what follows. You can also change your own finger information (chfn) as a
regular user by just typing "chfn". You can only change your own info if you
are not root. You can as an alternative, use "linuxconf" to do this if you'd
prefer a graphical version. Just look for the appropriate entry.

Gilbert