On Mon, 17 May 1999, Pliler's Remote Unit Mail wrote:

> James,
> Why can't I just delete this file that was created by the LILO install, I
> assume its a hidden file on my C drive?
> Any thing to do with format, makes me believe it wipes the MBR  clean.

Because LILO is *ON* your MBR, so it must be removed from there.  It isn't
part of the directory structure of files stored on your harddrive.

I'm not familiar with format /mbr, as perhaps it's from another DOS
version -- I've used fdisk /mbr in similiar situations as yours and don't
forsee a problem.