For what it is worth, I have that exact problem and am still struggleing
to figure it out.  I am almost at the point of reinstalling Linux
without configuring a LAN to see if that is related.  I suspect that
it is, as the first time Installed Linux-Mandrake I didn't install the
LAN and I had no problems with Netscape, either the one which came with
Mandrake and the 4.51 version I downloaded.

Brian