Steven wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was wondering if there is a way to run X configurator to make it not  probe
> for pci cards? I have a board with built in video on it. I put a new ATI 3D
> Charger RIIC pci in it.  The trouble is that there isn't a way that i can find
> to disable the old one. Not by bios, or jumpers.  This makes it pick up the old
> one everytime.

Try using xf6setup instead of Xconfigurator.  Xconfigurator seems to be
more trouble than it's worth lately (it doesn't play AT ALL with trying
to use the fbdev server with a 2.2.x kernel).

>         The other thing is a simple question. I used to type in
> /etc/cron.daily/updatedb.cron to get "locate" to work. that cron command no
> longer works on my workstation install of  MDK6.0-1. Why, and
> how do i do it now?

Does /etc/cron.daily/updatedb.cron exist?  It's possible that the name
has changed, causing the problem you're having.  I don't have M6 yet,
else I'd try it out first.

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]