On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Fernando Perez wrote:

> 1) True Type. Even though I think I checked every TType-related package during
> installation, and xfs has the correct TType directory in its load path, the
> fonts still don't show up anywhere. This kind of bummed me, since "out of the
> box" TType support was one of the big things touted in the Mandrake homepage.

It's probably a problem with the update procedure - it works after a
"real" install.
You've probably forgotten to run mkttfdir.

> 2) KDE Themes. Even though I selected KDE to be installed/configured during
> installation, the theme manager was nowhere to be found at boot time.
> 3) Power management for laptops.

Again they worked for me out of the box... Did you choose the packages
while installing?

> 4) XEmacs. I already had version 21.0 installed so I didn't need it, but I
> couldn't find it listed in the packages available during installation. I've
> always thought that not having XEmacs is a glaring omission of RedHat, so it's
> great that Mandrake has it (*it is* on the CD). But not listing it during
> intallation will probably make most users miss it.

It is there.

> it would be nice to update to the
> new version (21.x) which is a little more modular.

AFAIK 21.x is beta. If there's a working stable version, we'd rather not
include beta versions in the distrib.

> 5) Klyx. Same as above. I use regular lyx which seems to be in more active
> development, but klyx is definitely nice, usable and (obviously) integrates
> better with KDE.

It is there.

LLaP
bero