Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, hevnsnt wrote:
>
> > Currently I have a diamond stealth II s220 card (4meg) and I want to get a
> > better one.. Anyone have any recomendations?
>
> Never had a problem with Matrox cards here...
>
> LLaP
> bero

I'm currently using a TNT based card. (mainly for playing games in Win98 - but
the high res and stability in X is a damned GoodThing(tm)) I am running it at
1280x1024x32bit. (in X) And it's nice. High freq - solid picture.

However, for hassle free VGAs, Matrox (as Bernhard, said) is very well
supported. The other one I can safely recommend if you are on a tight budget is
the S3 Virge/DX based cards. Hassle free. (better hold off the Savage4 ones for
now since there's no X server for it yet...IIRC, that is.)

--
Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster