ok, where did you get the red had rpm's you're talking about?  it's not clear
from their web site - please point me in the correct direction - I'm having
exactly the same problem with a crystal audio sound card, and also having
other wierd problems with my ensonique.  I'd love to try the other sndconfig
stuff from red hat!

Don
On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, you wrote: > You don't say which
soundblaster you're having troubles with but I am now > successfully using the
PCI128 w/mdk 6.0.  I also had a problem with > sndconfig bombing out when it
tried to play the test sound file and through > the news:alt.os.linux.mandrake
newsgroup I discovered that if  I  replaced > mdk 6.0's sndconfig, sox and
rhsound RPM's with RH 6.0's sndconfig, sox and > rhsound RPM's then the PCI128
set up just fine.  I hope this might work for > your problem soundblaster as
well. >  > Alan >  > ----- Original Message -----