Reinstall is what I am looking at after hours poring over Win95 texts.
Since Friday, I have installed a new mommaboard, cpu and RAM and sound
card. Save for the soundcard, Linux has been no trouble. Win95 has been
nothing but a pain in the butt (each OS is on its own hd on one
computer).
Alan, I still can't get the snd card to work.
I uninstalled the old sox and sndconfig rpms. But some junk was left in
various files. Do I need to go through the system and delete
everything?
Once I downloaded the new rpms, I typed:
rpm -ivh <complete rpm filename>
Is that sufficient. I know that it opened the rpm, but when I used -ql,
it said the files weren't installed. Is there another step?
thanks, Steve W
--- Alan Shoemaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Steve....nope, I've no idea.  When my Win98 boot got
> screwed up it wouldn't
> even start to boot and I ended up re-installing
> Windows (yuck).  Maybe
> someone else can help on this one.
>
> Alan

ftp://jumpstart.netpirate.org/pub/mdk-test/sndconfig-0.33-3mdk.i586.rpm