Hi, steve
try rpm -e sndconfig sox, rpm -ihv sndconfig*.rpm sox*.rpm

If it really does use the es1373, I can find no kernel support for it.
This doesn't truely rule out support, considering the following
it shouldn't be to hard to implement

--
[root@Homie sound]# cat es1370.c |sed -e "s|ES1370|ES1373|g" >es1373.c
[root@Homie sound]# diff -u es1370.c es1371.c|wc -l