On Mon, 05 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> >%_Hi.
> Just recently installed mandrake 6.0 (workstation) got the kkkp working
after resetting the pnp modem's jumper.  The modem is on COM2 and using IRQ 3.
 The problem I have is Netscape is about 3-4 slower that it was in windows.
Even file downloading.  But the strange thing is that i was connected at the
same rate in both windows and linux.  Does anyone know what's wrong?  Is there
a setting I have to change?  How do i increase the connection speed.
> Thank you. >

Try to pinpoint the problem: is your modem actually running slower?
(click the details button on kppp to see the statistics, while loading a
large web page or  downloading a file. The graph should show the
actual transfer speed)

If the modem is transferring at full speed, then try viewing websites
with KFM. See if it is faster. (I like KFM better than Netscape anyway,
it's much better integrated into the desktop)

If it's only Netscape that's slow, maybe you're running short of
memory. If everything is slow, maybe there's a conflict with the
com port or irq settings.

Irv