point taken. I'll look into it further when I'm past the 'newbie' status...
When you're talking about Windows, I'm getting the impression you talk about Win95,
which seems insecure to me, by the mere fact it is possible to bypass the login
prompt. You are right of course in that it is hard to have both a secure and a handy
system.

Jo