From: Civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] XSuSe

Morpheus The Sinful Weeper wrote:

So look for other SiS chipsets.  The same server supports all of
them--choose
any--like 530, 5597/98 6326 etc.

My experience with SiS chipsets and Linux is that they work very well but
not
without some tweaking.

I doubt if you will find any Linux easier to install than L-M.  I have used
SuSE and I like the KDE implementation in L-M much better.  I do understand
it
can be frustrating because the card and chipset manufacturers do not supply
drivers for their hardware for Linux and it has to be supplied by projects.

Civileme

--
Civileme Say:

"One who buys dual scan display soon gains Optometrist for best friend."