I would suspect it's a permissions related thing. The ftp dir is set up
to be it's own world (for anon ftp at least) that people can't get out
of, and into your sys.

Here is a URL to a great samba howto:

http://www.sfu.ca/~yzhang/linux/samba/toc.html

Follow it to a tee and it will work like a charm.

Note: Never send in an MCSE to do the work of a penguin ;-)
      It's hard to stop thinking winblows and clear your head.

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]