> > All that is great info and right on track except it doesnt matter where the
> > hard drive goes on the cable. On a dual floppy setup, you must put the A
> > Drive on the end because of a cut and twist in the ribbon cable, but not on
> > an IDE. The wires are all in a parallel manner and the drive doesn't care.
> >
> > Plug it in in whichever manner fits best..
>
> So I can leave the disks where they are now?  That's good.  Moving them
> around is pretty hard--it was very tough to fit the second disk in
> anyway!  The ribbon cable didn't reach where it was supposed to reach
> (the recommended bay for a second disk).  I had to put it in a
> half-height drive bay.

Uh oh... I overlooked something.  The Ontrack Proprietary Format is
designed so ordinary BIOS can't touch the disk.  The MBR (which contains
the DDO) might not be accessible if the disk is formatted as such.
Chicken and egg?  The only solution to this problem is to use a normal
BIOS format and tell everyone to be sure not to boot from a floppy until
the DDO is loaded.

Man, I hate it when I have to avoid certain otherwise harmless actions
as they could have disastrous consequences.  Oh well.  I already have to
warn people not to just turn off the power when Linux is running (which
already has happened--my mom thought that the computer shouldn't be on
since she thought I was sleeping, so she flipped the switch--luckily the
file system survived).

How about this one?  (still more evidence that Windows 95 sucks)  If I
insert an audio CD, Windows tries to scan the disc.  Windows tries and
tries and tries, but apparently it can't glean anything meaningful from
the disk.  Eventually it stops accessing it, but the computer remains
TOTALLY LOCKED UP.  Inserting an audio CD *shouldn't* be dangerous... If
I want to play music, I have to first start a CD player, then insert the
CD, and *immediately* start playing it.