> > So, each file name is like a hard link to the data?
>
>     Yes, precisely.

I was about to make that statement earlier, but I then thought it wasn't
tre since everything that has been said indicated that hard links point
to a single file and when all hard links die the file does as well (and
that kinda invalidated what I thought).  It's a good thing this isn't
the case!  It's waaay too complicated and unwieldly.  Imagine making a
hard link and changing your mind about it... if this was true, I
couldn't delete it!  The truth is much better.  Yeah, that is a good
idea about deletion protection.  If I want to make sure that some data
cannot be deleted, I can keep a hard link.