> > /etc/shutdown.allow is a file that contains the names of users aloowed to
> > shutdown the system.  It may not be present on your system yet; you'll
> > have to create it.
>
> Is it a list of user names (or UID's)?  Is there a man page on it?  I'm
> away from Linux right now... I don't feel like starting up another
> computer.

No man page on shoudown.allow, I'm afraid.  There is, however, a man page
on shutdown which briefly mentions /etc/shutdown.allow.
/etc/shutdown.allow is a list of usernames indicating which users may
execute the shutdown command.

> Will Ctrl+Alt+Del reboot the system if it's typed at *any* terminal?
Yes.  Well, I'm not sure if it will work while in X, but from any of
/dev/tty* it will work (as opposed to /dev/pts/*).

     -Matt