I currently am running RedHat 5.0 on my old 486 and would like to install
either Mandrake 6.0.  Unfortunately no matter what I've tried, the install
continually hangs in the same places (depending on the method).  I have
tried both and FTP and HD install.

I made disks of both the boot and bootnet images(HD and FTP installs) and
tried installing.  I get all the way through the TCP/IP setup or the SCSI
setup and it starts to load the first things.  It gets the base/stage2.img
just fine and does the download of the second stage ramdisk (watch the
lights on the ethernet card flash and stop or HD light), but then it just
hangs on this window and won't continue.

I've also done this with both the regular and updated disk images.

Is there a reason why a machine that could run RedHat 5.0 can't run Mandrake
6.0?  If this is the problem why would it be hanging in this place? I don't
even get to the point where it wants to know if it's a full install or
update.

It seems like I'm having some sort of transitioning difficulties.  If anyone
has run into this problem or has ideas on how to get this worked out, I'd
really appreciate it.