Nielish,
 If you wan't to get to a console prompt simply start an xterm from KDE
 and then do an su command, when prompted fpr the root password give
 that password and you will have command line control of the system as
 root.

You may also wish to change your init runlevel in /etc/inittab to 3
rather than 5 this will give you a normal console login and when you
wish to run Xwindow you would use the command: startx.

        Good Luck,
                Dave
      David M. Kufta   http://www.slip.n3meq.ampr.org  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:
                while (memory_available)        {
                        eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
                        if (feel_like_it)
                                make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
                        gates_bank_balance++;
                }
I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise.
                -- Chauncey Depew

PGP signature