-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dan Brown
Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 9:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Command Line

From: Stephan Schutter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Why do people insist on using these archaic text editors? Nobody uses
edit

> in windows? KDE has several editors. Just point click and type! You
guys are

    Well, one reason would be because Neilesh wrote that he was logged
in in text mode, or at least that's the way I read his message.  Another
reason might be that we're more used to them.  Why should this be a
problem for you?  It's not like pico is hard to use or anything...