On 10-Aug-99 brandon wrote:
> I asked about why I can't use usercfg - it gives error message saying it
> doesn't recognize the command.
>
> someone suggestted I type in:   rpm -i /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RMS/usercfg*
>
> I tried that, it doesn't recognize this command either.  What do I have
> to do to get usercfg working?
> If the command above is correct, WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE BEFORE TYPING
> THAT COMMAND IN?  Let me remind you that I am NEW to Linux.  Please make
> no assumptions.

Well, the reason you're not finding a program or package called usercfg is
because there ISN'T a package or program called usercfg.  Someone else can
correct me if I'm wrong, but I just did a:
rpm -qlp /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/*rpm | grep usercfg
and came up with nothing.

Brandon, perhaps you can tell us what you're trying to do and we can point you
to an appropriate program that actually exists? :)  If you're trying to
configure something you might want to take a look at linuxconf, which you most
likely do already have installed.

-Tom