Andy:

1st, thanks for the response. Here goes:

> Already partitioned into two equal sizes?  Why?

It's a long story but I wanted to make 3 partitions (2 of about 750 MB
so I can store files there and get them ready to burn to CDR), and then
the 3rd partition as just a separate drive. During the drive install my
mouse was disabled so i was unable to point it to the scroll bar where I
could increase the number of partitions or the sizes. So I was stuck
with 2 of equal size. Should I repartition it later with the Partition
Magic?

> The swap partition is for virtual memory.  How much memory do you have?
> I've heard that it's a good idea to make it 250% of how much physical
> RAM you have.  Guys?

I have 160 MB RAM. So I should make a 400 MB partition?

> > Then how do I set up the boot manager to ask me which OS I'd like to use
> > at startup?
>
> LILO is great at this.  So, install LILO into the MBR--master boot
> record--of your master hard disk (which is probably the old one).  Tell
> LILO that you have a DOS/Windows 98 installation on /dev/hda1.

> Hey.  Do you have SCSI drives?

Ummmm, I dunno. I just opened up my computer and stuck it in and it
works. :-) I guess it says EIDE on the box.

> So can you even run the installation program?  If you can get your BIOS
> to boot from a CD, then simply set it to do that, insert the CD, and
> reboot.  If not, you can use rawrite (on the CD) to make an installation
> floppy.  Read the documentation if you can.

I haven't tried the install yet because I wasn't sure where to the
install. I want to put it on my new drive but it looked like it HAD to
be on the primary master drive and not the primary slave.

So, I need to install the boot manager or LILO on the original C drive
and then just tell it where Linux is on the D: drive right?

Toby