On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Ian W Douglas wrote:

> >The swap partition is for virtual memory.  How much memory do you have?
> >I've heard that it's a good idea to make it 250% of how much physical
> >RAM you have.  Guys?
>

> Ack! I've already got 128MB of RAM ... don't need a 300MB swap partition
> too, IMO.  I have a 128MB swap partition, I figure that'll be plenty for
> use as a workstation.
>
> Of course, if you're setting up a server then by all means, set up a larger
> swap partition if you really think you'll need it.

I agree with that guy. 250% is a pointless figure. It really various by
your uses and the amount of real memmory you have. By that figure, I
should have a 1.25 Gig SWAP Partition?. My advice is same as RAM up till
128MB for workstation, then 128MB. Double for SERVER and cut off server at
512MB for 512MB too.