>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 8/12/99, 3:42:09 AM, James Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding [newbie] File operations and Zip archives:

> A colleague using a windows machine has e-mailed me some graphics in a
zip
> file. Is there a good linux unzipper?

gzip (man gzip for the info)

> Also, what are the commands to rename, copy and move files? I've tried
> saying ln and then removing the previous file, but this hasn't worked.

Copy = cp
Move = mv

And I think cp and mv can be used to rename.  Such as cp file1 file2
will create a new copy of file1, but named file2.  I think mv will do
the same, but move it (read the man page to be sure, I'm a newbie myself).

--
Ty Mixon
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]