Kernal 2.4.x series will support WinModems. Linux has already called for a
Feature Freeze for 2.4.x in a week. Remeber. the upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4
ain't as big as 2.0 to 2.2 so it will not take as long. I expect it by end
of fall, maybe November at latest. The new file system XFS from SGI Inc.
will probably not be intergrated till 3.x [read /.], XFS is a journaling
file system. Personally, I have IRIX on a machine of mine at work. EXT2FS vs
XFS, I take XFS anyday. Man, that thing rules. Once LINUX gets it, it will
be able to compete more with NT better. Journaling File System is the way to
go.