From: Singer XJ Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Kernal 2.4.x series will support WinModems. Linux has already called
for a
> Feature Freeze for 2.4.x in a week. Remeber. the upgrade from 2.2 to
2.4

    OK, we're freezing features in a week for 2.4, and there's currently
(even in 2.3.11) no support for Winmodems--not even a hint of it, but
it's going to be there for 2.4?  Somehow I don't think so.  Maybe over
the course of 2.4.x (that is, before we get to 2.6.x) it may be
integrated, but I doubt even that.

    Considering that each Winmodem is potentially a completely different
device, I really don't think we're going to see this any time soon--nor
do I think the developers should waste their time on it.

    XFS, OTOH, sounds seriously cool.